Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tired of diapers .....

Ok so don't get me wrong I love using cloth diapers but I'm tired of changing them overnight. Now let me explain ..... with my first son (kid) I started using cloth at 6 months. I switched to cloth cold turkey and never looked back. I never changed him throughout the night (well once in a blue moon maybe), and then #2 comes along - same thing.

#3 ............................... and my dh decided a while ago that he thought he should change him in the middle of the night for a few nights in a row (well the few nights were not actually in a row he doesn't get the "baby" that often but each time he got him he changed him).

I continued to refuse to change him in the middle of the night (none of my kids are really great sleepers it always seems like there is at least one kid that's up for one reason or another in the middle of the night!). So Alex just got worse and worse about wanting his bum changed - and so I started to give in (BIG MISTAKE!) so that I didn't feel like the worst mom ever! Anyways so here we are months later and I'm here by myself for about 10 days while my dh is off galavanting (haha - he's not really) in Boston for work. So I'm pulling double duty throughout the evening (he's the one that puts the kids to bed), and I've been up late every night so far reading (yes I know I could have gone to bed early but the kids don't let me read in the evening and I work all day so .....) and so I hear him crying, calling my name (it was a little easier to ignore when he was calling for Daddy but that only lasted a night or two). So I go up and try to reassure him, but NO he wants his bum changed, and at this point I either want to get back to my book or I was already in bed (this one I hate the worst - why didn't he cry 5 minutes earlier when I was not quite in bed yet??) Either way I get up and tend to him, and then wouldn't you know it around 6 am he's at it again! I'm exhausted, beated down and just tired - I would love to potty train him but I'm not doing it by myself I just don't have the energy! Maybe I'll do it while my mom is here in May - at least then there would be an extra set of hands to help get him to the potty. Some days it really doesn't seem like it's worth getting out of bed!

At least it's sunny outside today - so that means I have to go to the garage - clean off the cutting table, and lay out the french terry - I've got to get these diapers made :)

Thanks for lending your ear :)
Happy Hump Day! (that's Wednesday for those of you who think I'm a POGO addict - I'm NOT - not even close!)

No comments:

Post a Comment