Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010

So as I spent the evening in my living room watching SALT (it was ok) I went to bed early and ended up with 2 kids in bed with me (at some point - I don't remember so really I don't care as long as they don't wake me up). Life has really changed in the last 3 months - so here's hoping that 2011 brings happiness, joy, love and maybe even a few surprises :) As it rains outside and I sit here typing I think back to everything that's gone on in 2010 - I've made some new friends - there's been a new baby (NOT for me but for a great friend of mine) and the company has grown. So really it's been a good year just ended badly. So let's start off 2011 right - with a smile, with hope and with the perfect cup of coffee in my hands (thanks to Andie & Glen :)

I resolve to get my office cleaned and to keep it in better shape (at least so that I can actually see my desk), I resolve to continue to lose weight (almost 50 lbs down just another 50 to go), I resolve that I will be happy, I will smile, I will be a better mother, I will work out, I will continue to spread the cloth diapering love (oh and baby wearing love) all across Canada (but mostly to the GTA). I will be a better friend, I will design, I will create, I will sing, I will cry but most of all I will love.

So as I say goodbye to 2010 I say good riddance - 2011 is gonna be great you just wait and see.

Whenever something strikes me funny I write it down on a little piece of paper and tape it to my desk - most of them won't make sense to anyone else but when I read them I have to smile because they remind me of a great time in 2010 (some are a little older than that).

So here are my notes from 2010:

  • It's not like they are jealous of the cookie.
  • Are you for real? My eyeballs work!
  • Hey Dude that was for science!
  • That's such a non-answer!
  • When Pi$$ comes to PUL
  • You're all getting it I'm not discriminating
  • Are you imploding? What are you doing?
This last one is just from the other night when Team Canada won 10-1 over Norway - from a TSN announcer:
Whoever made that selection shouldn't be allowed to select ANYMORE!

That last one kind of sums up my year so goodbye 2010 - Hello 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment