Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Have I Bitten Off TOO MUCH??

So as life goes on and the company grows our expansion has be wondering have I bitten off more than I can chew? My days start earlier and earlier, they are ending later and later, and in between although I'm getting lots done I'm wondering if I'm missing the bigger picture! I don't think I am, just someday's it's good to sit down and take a look at the bigger picture.

Bigger Picture:

I want more people to use cloth diapers on their kids for what reasons?
  1. It's healthier for their kids
  2. It will save them money (the service likely won't save them much but it shouldn't cost them anymore!)
  3. It's better for the environment (honestly this isn't as important to me as the first two but it does help - I recycle so why wouldn't I use cloth!)
Am I doing all of this for the right reasons? When I started the company it was for those reasons is it still? I don't want to "sell out" and just be another company that doesn't care about anything but the bottom line.

I want to be known as a company that cares about what it makes, about their customers, and about the next generation (as well as our planet!)

So does my expanding the company help these things - YES I am certain that I can reach more people if I have a store front that is closer to Toronto. Does doing a diaper service help this - YES I think that more people will use cloth diapers who wouldn't if someone else isn't there to clean them!

So all in all YES I'm doing a good thing, and I'm still on course - I haven't sold out (in fact my dh is always after me to up my prices but I stand firm - I want cloth diapering to be affordable and I'm standing firm to that if nothing else :)

Enjoy your Wednesday - I just took a pizza (home made from scratch) out of the oven and boy does it smell good :)

Gotta run :)

No comments:

Post a Comment